After over 6 months learning the ins and outs of building an online business, one of the questions which I hear more than any other is “can I really make money online?”
This was a question I asked a few times myself in the early days of research and navigating through all the rubbish, from people promising the next best software or method
After 6 months of learning and taking a small amount of action, the realisation of what is needed to make even a small amount of money online
Along with developing my knowledge around the online business world, I have recently started a blog about my journey to lose weight and become healthier.
Although my vision for an online business had nothing to with the weight loss market it is obvious that both, losing weight and building any type of online brand/business require exactly the same mindset and attitude to achieve results.
- acceptance of change
- Goal setting
The list could go on, however, I’m sure those 5 simple points stand out as essential mindset traits to work on in both – building your business and becoming a healthier version of yourself.
Now, just because I believe that doesn’t mean I have got this nailed down and I am on a guaranteed path to looking great and living the laptop lifestyle… If only!
As far as building an online business goes I’m confident that I’m on the right path, however, I know I need to work harder and increase my efforts. In regards to losing weight, this has been a personal struggle of mine for most of my life. Don’t worry, I’m not expecting the violins to start and I’m certainly not about to start making excuses for myself.
My unhealthy weight all boils down to a bad relationship with food and a lazy approach to exercise, it’s that simple.
How Long Is A Piece Of String
In case the penny still hasn’t dropped, it is impossible to answer the question “can I really make money online” simply because it all depends on the person asking.
To be clear – I’m not talking about intelligence or experience,
In little under a year of learning how to develop an online business, I find it fascinating how many paths you can go down to build your own highly profitable business, however, it’s understandable why so many people quit after a few months of getting started.
- It can be noisy online – there is so much information and different methods you can use to build a business, it sometimes feels like you are in a crowded room and everybody is screaming at you. It’s sometimes easier to just switch off than it is to bring order and work out whats for you.
- Who And What Can Be Trusted – This is the internet – some bad shit has gone down on the internet. How can you know what is legit and what is nothing more than a scam?
- No Patience – People work hard, put the hours in, maybe even invest a small amount of money every month and nothing happens.
- Self Doubt – alongside the information overload comes the doubt you are capable of doing it. N
otsmart enough with a computer, don’t understand instructions, too much work to commit to.
All of the above are valid reasons to be put off with pursuing making money in the online world, however, each reason can be quickly overturned if you have a genuine desire to learn and the patience to see it through…
- Sure, it’s noisy, make the decision to embrace the noise and take your time. We live in an era where answers and education are literally in the palm of your hand. Don’t allow yourself to be overwhelmed and take time to fully understand a subject you are keen to pursue.
- Trust. Having confidence in a method, person, or product to help you on your journey is essential for you to turn your learnings into actions. Again, research is key here. Don’t leave any stone unturned. If you are not 100% confident in the actions you take then, in my experience this will slow you down and potentially derail your efforts.
- Patience really is needed to get anywhere when it comes to earning money from the internet. Sure, if you are selling physical items then you may be able to see a quick buck hit your PayPal account, however, when it comes to establishing yourself as a brand, building a sustainable business which can generate you a passive income while you sleep, takes time, effort and patience. Be prepared to make mistakes, prepare yourself for days where you feel lost and ready to throw in the towel. Those days come and go, stay focused and remember that any business takes time to grow.
- Self Doubt can really be a motivation zapper. So many people I have spoken to, currently on a similar path to myself, have had moments where they question if they are wasting their time. when starting out in entrepreneurship, it can be a very lonely place. You don’t have someone over your shoulder to keep you on track to give you the confidence you are “doing it right.” Friends and family members who don’t understand what you are doing may think you are deluded and that you need to get real and stick to a 9-5 job. You truly need to get comfortable with yourself and make sure you are open-minded and prepared to learn.
Open Your Mind – Think Outside The Box
So, what’s your number 1 hobby? What are you interested in? What do you have a passion for?
Are you aware that many people are making a small fortune simply creating content around something they love talking about and feel they know a lot about.
I’m talking literally anything goes here.
When talking about content, this can be anything like, a blog – like the one you are reading now, to a video posted on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram or
There are over 3 billion active users on the internet worldwide. The question is – are you ready to take your piece of the huge online pie?
whether you like the thought of talking to a camera about your passion/hobby or writing about it, there really is no limit as to what is achievable online if you are prepared to stick with it.
Best Place To Start
In my honest opinion, having a base to learn and develop your knowledge can have a huge impact on gaining momentum in building a sustainable business online.
The use of 1 platform to host your website, build and learn from has been instrumental in my journey and although I could have achieved more in 6 months if I had put in more time, I am grateful for the tools and support available to provide me with a genuine education to grow and build my confidence moving forward.
However, I acknowledge that everyone is different and people learn and absorb information in a number of different ways.
If you can answer honestly – Yes, to the following questions then there really is no reason you cant build your own business online.
- Do you enjoy, or could you see yourself spending hours in front of a computer or laptop?
- Do you follow structure and instructions well, in either, written or video format?
- Do you fully accept that any financial reward for your efforts can take time, no matter how hard you have worked?
- Can you develop the right mindset to commit for the long term?
If you can genuinely answer yes to all of the above then you are on the right path and where you go from here on out, is up to you.
So far on my online journey
In my younger years when I was trying out an mlm business, I was very nearly scammed out of my hard earned money to buy some useless, lead generating software.
Being thorough in my research saved me from losing out, but
If you have got this far reading this and you keen to learn more and make a start on your own journey then please take advantage of this platform where you can sign up for free (NO credit card info needed) and start learning more on what I have covered in this blog.
Still Confused About Which Direction To Head In?
Ask questions, even if you are embarrassed. The platform I use has a growing, thriving community of people on the same journey as myself.
Sure, some have been at it for years and are making a lot of money month after month, others are just getting started and are clearly still a little lost, not sure where to go with their vision. This is all normal and people on the platform enjoy helping and being part of your educational journey.
Good luck and please get in touch if you have any questions whatsoever.